Wednesday 31 August 2011

Save The Date!

'Save The Dates' are one of those American traditions that have wormed their way into British wedding protocol. Hey, I'm not complaining, I love me some yankee traditions, and I'm all for sending things in the post - who doesn't enjoy opening an exciting looking letter?

I decided to do Save The Dates for my family and close friends when I opted for a summer wedding, not only that, it's on the extra long bank holiday weekend, so I knew there'd be a high chance that people would be going away. I guess it's also nice to have something creative to ooh and aah over before you get going on the nitty gritty details of planning the day itself. I searched far and wide for ideas for my wedding. Without giving too much away, I didn't want anything too cheesy, too fussy or too 'done' and finally settled on a sketch design (I should post it up actually. Note to self.)

I gathered images of designs I loved along the way, and have just stumbled across this folder - hence the post. I think it's great for couples to give people an idea of what kind of wedding to expect, is it an informal garden party, a more formal church wedding, a swish evening black tie do, or something super laid back and chilled. You can seriously go all out on these bad boys, but a lot of these the cost is just in the printing.

Here are some of my favourites I found along the way, which one do you prefer?

First up is a fairly typical one, in that it's a photo of the bride and groom to be, with the date they're getting hitched. I don't normally like photo Save The Dates, but I think this one's kinda cute. Plus they're matching. Aww.


I love it if it really represents the couple, so this one immediately caught my eye. I was hoping to do something similar, then I realised that neither me or my fiance like scrabble. Or long words really. But amazing me thinks.


Playing on the phrases people use to get married is also really popular, and for good reasons...check this bad boy out. Pretty clever if you ask me.


And last but not least. Having a wedding in Vegas (or Blackpool?!?!) Love a bit of gambling? Then this scratch card Save The Date will tickle your fancy. Love this one. I'd be so over the moon if I got sent one of these. I bet these are super expensive, BUT I do know you can buy scratch card paint and could probably have a good bash at recreating one of these yourself.


I hope this has inspired you!

Enjoy,

Becky x

No comments:

Post a Comment